Tuesday Oct 18, 2022
Episode 12: Teaching the Bible in Youth Ministry (Kyle Hoffsmith)
It's easy for us to agree that we should teach the Bible in youth ministry, but never really pause to think about how that priority shapes the rest of our ministry. In this episode, we talk with Kyle Hoffsmith about what it means to place an emphasis on Bible teaching. Highlights from the conversation include:
- Who taught you how to really study Scripture, and what did that look like for you?
- What are some obstacles that can get in the way of Bible Study in youth ministry?
- Can you walk us through some of the basics of good hermeneutics?
- What role does application plan in Bible Study?
Recommended resources mentioned in the podcast:
- One to One Bible Reading, by David Helm
- Charles Simeon Trust
- RYM’s Track Series
Kyle Hoffsmith is the Pastor of Student Ministry at Old North Church in Canfield Ohio, and is one of the hosts of The Word in Youth Ministry podcast which is sponsored by CYPU.
Visit Youth Pastor Theologian's website
Join YPT's Facebook group: @youththeologian (make sure you answer the membership questions)
Follow YPT on Twitter: @youththeologian
Follow YPT on Instagram: @youththeologian
Please consider sharing YPT's podcast and our articles with your friends, and leave a rating/review on your podcast subscriber. You can contact us with any questions and recommend both topics and guests on our website's Submissions Page.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.